How do I use this?

Feb 20, 2008 at 1:57 AM
Hi, how about some installation instructions for newbs?

Thanks,

Anthony
Feb 28, 2008 at 4:23 PM
Hello, I'm not a noob but I'm also having trouble getting this to work.

I've downloaded the dll, added it to the tool bar, loaded it on the page, the dll is where it should be but when I load the page I get the following:

"Could not load file or assembly 'ExportToExcel' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

<%@ Register Assembly="ExportToExcel" Namespace="KrishLabs.Web.Controls" TagPrefix="RK" %>

Any ideas on how to work this problem out would be greatly appreciated

Coordinator
Feb 29, 2008 at 1:06 PM
Folks,

My following answer may be little dumb. But got to make sure that I help you resolve the problem

1) Please ensure that you see "ExportToExcel.dll" in your "Bin" folder. If you do not see it, please copy it manually into that folder.

That should usually resolve the issue.

Zuurg, I will look into posting some installation instructions.
Feb 29, 2008 at 2:36 PM
Thank you for you email and your assistance.

The ExportToExcell.dll is in the Bin directory.

As I do not have administrative rights on the the server that this vb (aspx) web page is placed on I'm wondering if their might be some sort of IIS configuration setting that our SA has neglected to set properly. All the other AJAX components work as they should. I'm really looking forward to utilizing this dll.

Coordinator
Feb 29, 2008 at 7:13 PM
So, are you saying it works on your development environment but not on "Production" environment??

IF so, you might want to talk to your hosting provider to adjust the trust levels and see if that fixes the issue.
Mar 1, 2008 at 10:37 AM
Successs ... excellent advice! The trust level settings established by our IS department on the production server is what caused the frustrating problem I was experiencing. The dll is now working absolutely splended.

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that a hearty Bravo is merited for this very useful control you have created ... and a sincere thanks again for your assistance you gave in debugging the root cause of the problem.