Using is user control!

May 26, 2009 at 6:10 PM

First this tool works great. Since I am doing something slighytly different I am having one issue.

I am developing .NET apps to run within a SharePoint Intranet. Most of these are data that is displayed in a GridView. Many need to be exported to Excel.

First I develop a Solution using "stsdev.exe" (another Codplex tool) which creates a wepart project. Then I develop a second project that contains the user control. The Export to Excel works great in the second project where the user control is developed. After everything tests out the user control are added to the first Project, which is the web part. When I add to web part solution it will not compile. I receive this error:

"The type or namespace name 'KrishLabs' could not be found in the global namespace (are you missing an assembly reference?)"

Does anyone have an idea what I need to add to the web part project? I would also be happy to provide any information I can give for others that would like to develop .NET apps to run as a web part on a SharePoint page.

Thanks

in advance

pgafinch